In life as in dance: Grace glides on blistered feet

Monday, January 28, 2008

..:: Dear DiaRy::..

One more week to Chinese New Year. I have certain feeling that time has been moving real fast and somehow everybody around me has either grown older or more mature. The past young childhood days has long become memories. Oh well, we all have to move on somehow right? =D

After this chinese new year beak , all that will flood me will be assignments and tests and reports. This is the right time for me to move back to my mountains and start my intensive revision very very soon! There is a question that has been surrounding me recently. I have alway wanted to work in goverenment sectors like Health Singapore Authority (HSA), A*star or AVA. However, I found out recntly that the job applicants for these few places must have at least a honour ( and a first class or second upper class one) and not a degree to meet the minimum requirement. Therefore, here I am thinking if I should continue my honours year. I have break my skull and my decision is I will depend on my current semester result. If I can still managed to pull my gpa, maybe I will take. If not I will finish my degree, go and work for 2 years and pursue my masters instead.However much details have to be found out on the masters before I can say anything more. My uncle asked me if I am willing to go and work in other countries if an opportunity knocked on my doore next time, I personally dun mind . But I dun think Andy will want me to go. I might just have to ask him one day! =S

It is funny how when you are young and you will do all sort of thing to make yourself work more mature and now that I have finally grown up I get affected when people say I dress maturely! lol~! Human are really weird creatures! Alrighty~, I got to go back and look at my gel result and do my analysis, while slowly tune myself back to the study mode. This semester is important!!! JIA YOU KITTY~!

If there is any ipbms students reading the blog, do give me some advice, it is so important to pursue a honours to obtain a good job in the society? thanks babes~! and I miss ya all! *muacks*



1 comment:

yangel said...

kitty,

hmm i think in the research institute, if you want to take honors, then you must go all the way not only till honors, but phd. even though it is true that more job openings are for honors students, that does not mean degree are not able to work in such places.. like kathy and perl, they both work in biopolis.. mel's working for psb doing research too.. well, and even myself was once doing research in sgh-ttsh. unless you really think this is going to be your lifetime career, then you go for honors.. else there's no point going for that...

what matters in this biomedical research line is CERTIFICATE. only that, you get high position. BUT that doesnt mean with a degree you cant do research or you cant rise to high position. lastly, there are times when the research PI did not perform up to expectation, the whole lab has to close down.. then you will be jobless. of cuz you could go search for another lab job... =)

you must know is research really what you want to work for the next 30++ years of your life? that is not my cup of tea. i would rather just get some experience of what research is like, then i proceed to a career which i think would last me for a long time.

i've chosen my path as that... and i hope in another 5 years to come, I WILL BE A FULL TIME HOUSEWIFE AKA TAI TAI! hahaha.

miss you! ooo what a long comment.